Most people think Arizona is nothing but desert, cactus, and scorching summer heat. But what many don't realize is that just a couple of hours away, you can find yourself surrounded by snow-covered mountains in the middle of winter. One of the things I love about living here is that we don't have to travel far to enjoy a true winter experience.
Getting there, however, can be an adventure of its own. Snowy roads aren't always forgiving. There have been times when I was driving straight, but the car decided it had other plans and started sliding sideways. As a driver, that's definitely the kind of excitement you can live without!
My very first snow experience was back in 1997. As they say, you never forget your first time, and I certainly haven't. I was so excited to see snow that I wanted to make the moment unforgettable. So naturally, I did what any perfectly reasonable person would do... I took off my shirt!
Looking back, I probably got more attention than the snow itself. While everyone else was bundled up in jackets, gloves, and scarves, there I posing shirtless, soaking in the experience. It was all in good fun, and the reactions from people made the day even more memorable.
That little tradition followed me for years. Every winter visit became another opportunity to snap a shirtless photo in the snow and share a few laughs. Unfortunately, I've lost most of those pictures over time, but I'm grateful that I still have this hard copy. It's a reminder of a fun memory, a younger version of myself, and the excitement of experiencing snow for the very first time.
It's been a while since I've made that trip, but looking at this photo brings back a lot of great memories. Hopefully, before too long, I'll be back in the mountains, enjoying the snow again... though my family might vote against the shirtless tradition this time!
b.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment