Labels

Sunday, September 6, 2026

Chasing the Light Before It Fades

I’ve learned that taking photos teaches you something about life. When you’re trying to capture the sun, you have to act fast, the moment appears, shines for a second, and then it’s gone. That sunset I caught in Southern California was one of those rare moments. I didn’t plan it. I just happened to be there, surrounded by people enjoying a beautiful beach, and I snapped the shot before the light slipped away.

Living in Arizona showed me the same truth, but in a different way. Opportunities here don’t come wrapped in golden beaches or dramatic skies. They show up quietly, in the long desert evenings, in unexpected chances, in the moments when life feels uncertain. Especially during the times I lost work and had to rebuild, I learned to recognize those small openings and move toward them before they disappeared.

That’s what this photo reminds me of:
Life’s opportunities are just like sunsets, brief, unpredictable, and worth grabbing the second you see them.

Whether it’s a moment of beauty, a chance to grow, or a new direction that could change everything, you have to be ready. You have to trust your instincts. You have to act before the light fades.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Arizona Boat Story (The Camcorder That Fought for Its Life)

Standing on that dock today, my brain did what it always does, it time‑traveled decades back to one of my earliest “Welcome to Arizona!” mom...