Labels

Friday, September 4, 2026

Where Time Folds Around a Capsule

Standing beside that Apollo test capsule, it’s impossible not to feel time folding in on itself. One moment I’m in Arizona, just casually exploring another hidden gem; the next, I’m back in grade school in the Philippines, standing in our tiny library with that oversized space book in my hands. I remember flipping through the pages and seeing the grainy photos of Apollo 11, astronauts on the moon, the lander, the flag. At that age, it felt unreal, almost magical, that humans had actually traveled that far and touched another world.

Now here I am, decades later, face‑to‑face with a real test capsule. It’s not flying through space, but it still carries that same weight, the ambition, the courage, the curiosity that pushed people to go beyond what anyone thought was possible. For a moment, I felt like I had just stepped out of it myself, carrying those childhood memories with me.

Arizona has a way of surprising you like that. You think you’ve seen everything, then you stumble on something that reconnects you to who you were and reminds you of how far you’ve come. It’s strange how a piece of space history can make you reflect on your own journey, from a kid discovering the moon in a library to someone still chasing that sense of wonder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment