I never imagined I’d actually get to see a real chunk of the Canyon Diablo meteorite, something that came from space and crashed into Earth roughly 50,000 years ago. How cool is that?
Standing there and looking at it, I couldn’t help but imagine the incredible impact it must have made when it hit the Earth. And to think, what I was looking at was just a small piece of it.
This is one of the things I really appreciate about living in Arizona. There are so many hidden gems right here in our own backyard. We don’t always have to travel somewhere far away to experience something amazing.
Things I used to see only in movies, documentaries, or on TV are suddenly right in front of me. I’m grateful that places like Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona, preserve these incredible pieces of history so we can experience them ourselves.
And the best part? There’s still so much more around Arizona waiting to be discovered.
No comments:
Post a Comment