Labels

Monday, September 7, 2026

A Moment I Finally Noticed

Standing on that pier in California, the sun warming my back while the ocean breeze tried to balance it out. Behind me, the beach was overflowing with life, kids running around, families setting up tents, people laughing like the day belonged entirely to them. It was loud, colorful, and full of movement, but somehow I felt calm in the middle of it.

As I looked out over the water, I started thinking about how easy it is for people to miss the blessings right in front of them. We get so caught up in our routines, our worries, our deadlines, that we forget to look around. We forget to pause. Standing there, I realized how many people on that beach probably didn’t even notice how beautiful the moment was, how blessed they were to be in a place like this, breathing this air, seeing this view. And honestly, I’ve been guilty of that too.

So I let myself slow down. I let the scene sink in, the palm trees swaying, the city stretching out behind them, the ocean opening up in front of me. I thought about Manila, about Arizona, about all the roads that led me here. I wasn’t posing for the picture; I was just trying to be present. Trying to appreciate the blessing of simply being alive in a moment like this.

With my backpack on my shoulder and my sunglasses hiding whatever was running through my mind, I felt like someone standing between where I came from and where I’m still heading. And for once, I wasn’t rushing. I wasn’t overthinking. I was just grateful.

Sometimes you really do have to stop, look around, and let yourself realize how blessed you are. That day on the pier reminded me of that, and I carry it with me now, wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roots!

Visiting Manila is always a blessing, especially when everyone in the family is there. Two weeks never feels long enough. You try to stretch...