I saw a guy playing guitar by the waterfront in San Diego, sitting on a stone wall, letting the late‑afternoon sun fall over him as he played. His music wasn’t loud; it just drifted across the water like it belonged there. Watching him, I felt something familiar rise in me, something from far earlier in my story.
Then Phoenix came to mind, the desert, the silence, the wide open sky. Life here has a different rhythm. It’s more reflective, almost like the world is giving you space to hear your own thoughts. Sometimes I think Phoenix is where I learned to understand the things Manila taught me. The noise shaped me; the quiet helped me make sense of it.
Standing there in San Diego, listening to that stranger play, I felt all those versions of myself meeting in one moment, the boy in Manila struggling to learn his first chords, the man in Phoenix navigating a quieter, wider life, and the traveler passing through San Diego, catching inspiration from someone who didn’t even know he was giving it.
But all of it, every note, every place, has shaped who I’ve become.
No comments:
Post a Comment