Labels

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

The Colors I Miss, The Colors I Make

Life has a way of being spontaneous. You see something simple, and suddenly a spark lights up an idea, a memory, a feeling. Sometimes you’re just standing in a quiet corner, and your creativity starts to wander, mixing reflection with imagination until something meaningful begins to form.

Living in America moves fast. So fast that you forget the small things that once made life feel full. Back home, happiness came naturally no effort, no planning, just the comfort of familiar streets, familiar faces, and the warmth of family and friends. Here, you have to slow yourself down and remember who you were before the rush of everyday life took over.

I still ask myself why happiness felt so effortless in the Philippines. Maybe it’s because I grew up surrounded by people who knew me, loved me, and shared the same rhythm of life. Here, my friends are busy, my relatives are hundreds of miles away, and the silence can feel heavier than expected.

But loneliness is something you learn to face head-on. You fight it, you push through it, and you find color wherever you can. And in the end, I’m grateful because my family here gives my life its color. They remind me that even far from home, I can still paint my days with meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colors I Miss, The Colors I Make

Life has a way of being spontaneous. You see something simple, and suddenly a spark lights up an idea, a memory, a feeling. Sometimes you’re...