Growing up, I watched more cowboy movies than I can count, American westerns, Filipino westerns, anything with dusty streets and wooden saloons. I was always drawn to those old towns: the weathered boards, the rusty signs, the oversized stars and metalwork that looked like they’d been hammered together by legends. Never did I imagine that one day I’d actually be living in the Southwest, surrounded by the very landscapes I used to only see on TV. When I first learned Fox Animation Studios was in Arizona, I felt like destiny had tapped me on the shoulder. I wanted to breathe the same air, walk the same ground, and see the world that shaped the stories I loved.
It took me a while to finally visit this ghost town, but standing there, in front of those giant metal revolvers and the old wooden walls, I felt that familiar spark from childhood. It was funny, really: here I was, a grown man in boots and a hat, posing like a background character in a Western, yet feeling the same excitement I had as a kid glued to the screen. Arizona has a way of making the past feel close. And in that moment, it felt like the little boy in me had finally stepped into the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment