Labels

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

The Fourth Stooge!


As an animation artist, your world naturally revolves around art. There’s always that spark, every time you see characters, designs, costumes, or anything connected to TV, film, web, or print. Back in the early days, many of my friends and colleagues in animation made it a tradition to attend the San Diego Comic Convention. It was a playground for creatives, endless things to explore, and of course, tons of freebies.

But as the event grew more popular, the crowds grew with it. What used to feel spacious and exciting slowly turned into a maze of people, where you’d have to squeeze your way through every booth and table just to catch a glimpse of what was new. Even the free stuff eventually became merchandise for sale.

Still, it was always fun to see attendees in their costumes and discover the latest trends in the art and entertainment world. But over time, I felt myself enjoying it less. The magic was still there, it just wasn’t the same.

This photo was from my last Comic-Con in San Diego. I was lucky enough to run into the Three Stooges, well, not the real guys, but close enough to make me smile. For a moment, standing there with them, I felt like I had stepped right into one of their shows… as the unofficial fourth Stooge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colors I Miss, The Colors I Make

Life has a way of being spontaneous. You see something simple, and suddenly a spark lights up an idea, a memory, a feeling. Sometimes you’re...