Looking out at the ocean, the memories rushed in like the tide, fast, familiar, and unexpectedly tender. Back when I first started working in the Philippines, I was just like so many other Filipinos dreaming of opportunities beyond our shores. I imagined myself in Hong Kong, Singapore, maybe the Middle East, places close enough that home still felt within reach. And just like my childhood dream of becoming an architect, life nudged me in a different direction. I found myself in the animation industry instead, building stories frame by frame.
Still, I wondered about other possibilities. What about America? I asked myself once. But the thought felt too big, too far, too unreal. The United States was literally on the other side of the world, an ocean away from everything familiar. I never pictured myself crossing that distance.
But fate has a way of quietly rearranging your plans. It doesn’t ask permission, it simply opens a door and waits for you to notice. I could never have imagined that one day I’d be standing on a foreign shore, traveling across the ocean not as a tourist but as someone brave enough to try his luck in a new land. It was a blessing, yes, but one wrapped in challenges, sacrifices, and moments of doubt.
And yet, here I am. The waves in front of me feel like the same waves that touched the Philippines, reminding me that even the farthest places are connected. My journey wasn’t the one I planned, but it became the one I needed, proof that sometimes life takes you exactly where you’re meant to be, even if the map looks nothing like the one you first imagined.
No comments:
Post a Comment